June 30 Sharkfest Youth Rugby 7’s - Hosted by Back Bay Youth Rugby Club - RESULTS
July 28 Summer Rugby Sevens - CANCELLED
- U8-U14: $10
- U16 -U18: $15
Note that any athletes who are new to SCYR this year (eg did not play in the HS or Club leagues) will need to pay the USAR rugby registration fee in addition to SCYR's fee (U8: $5; U10-14: $25; U16-18: $35).
The Summer 7s Registration Fee covers the administration by SCYR of the entire Summer 7s Series as well a portion of the cost to deliver the Player Welfare Program (PWP) to every athlete. The Player Welfare Program is a unique and comprehensive athlete safety program that was implemented in October 2015 and provides four major benefits to every athlete registered with SCYR:
1. Access to a Certified Athletic Trainer at properly scheduled matches
2. Access to the industry-leading, online baseline concussion testing program (ImPACT testing)
3. Access to a mobile injury management/tracking program designed for youth sports
4. A PWP Manager to oversee the injury reporting system, manage SCYR’s Concussion Protocol, assist parents and
coaches with understanding and accessing the PWP benefits, implement injury and medical safety policies, etc.
For many more details on SCYR’s Player Welfare Program, please visit these pages:
Player Welfare Program: http://www.socalyouthrugby.org/page/show/2138963-player-welfare-program-pwp-
Certified Athletic Trainers: http://www.socalyouthrugby.org/page/show/2138967-athletic-trainers
1. All Athletes MUST have completed registration for the summer 7s season before playing in any tournament - high school and club season registrations do not carry over. See details above. Don't wait until Friday night to register your athletes, our deadline is Wednesday at 5:00pm to ensure your athletes are eligible to play that weekend. We STRONGLY recommend registering your athletes and requesting ID verification at least 1 week in advance.
a. UPDATE: The system prevents coaches from placing athletes who are unregistered and/or not fully ID verified on
a match roster - If you want them to play, you must complete registration & ID verification in time.
2. You MUST take and turn in a printed match report showing all your participating athletes to EVERY summer 7s tournament - NO EXCEPTIONS!! Tournament hosts will be checking in every team, confirming each athlete is registered and eligible to play, and collecting the printed match report.
a. UPDATE: USA Rugby's insurance becomes void for the ENTIRE EVENT if even one unregistered athlete participates
- DO NOT jeopardize the athletes, the clubs or SCYR by playing an unregistered athlete.
3. If you have an athlete listed as Med. Ineligible on your roster in MatchApt, they are not permitted to play until they have cleared our Concussion Protocol. You will not be able to place them on your match report. Please review our Concussion page, which has all relevant information, including how to contact our Player Welfare Program Manager with any questions: http://www.socalyouthrugby.org/page/show/2138965-concussion-policy-and-resources