How do I register my child to play youth and/or high school rugby in Southern California?
1. Parents register their athletes with their club or high school team
- Each club/team runs registration differently, speak with your coach or club administrator for information on
how to register with that team
- Clubs can choose to sign up for family registration with MatchApt, which enables parents to register their
athletes directly into MatchApt (contact email@example.com for info)
2. Clubs/High School teams register their players with SoCal Youth Rugby (SCYR).
3. SCYR registers players with USA Rugby, which includes CIPP insurance, a secondary accident & liability insurance
policy required to participate in rugby in the United States.
See below for more information on registering players with SCYR. Please visit our Competition pages for more information on our various seasons and the eligibility requirements for each season. There is also tons of good information for those new to rugby on our Parents page!
All athletes must register through SCYR using the MatchApt system, which will cover the USA Rugby annual fee as well as the appropriate SCYR seasonal fee. USA Rugby raised athlete fees by $5 for all contact rugby for the 2017-18 year.
All adults (coaches, referees, administrators) must register directly through USA Rugby, visit www.usarugby.org, click the red Register button and log in (if have registered in previous years) or create a new log in.
Athlete Registration Fees (Annual)
SCYR Athlete Registration Fees
|High School League||Club League||Summer 7s Series|
|Varsity & JV||$35*||$55||N/A||N/A|
|U16 & U18||$35||N/A||$55||$15|
|U10 & U12||$25||N/A||$45||$10|
|Under 8 (non-contact)||$5||N/A||$25||$10|
* High schools interested in trying to qualify for USA Rugby's Varsity Status ($250/team fee, must be an on-campus Varsity program, school must provide athlete insurance) should contact Alexandra Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You could win $5000! Plus, help us win a VIP Theater Takeover for our members. ENTER NOW